In our first episode of 2017, we share our thoughts on some great small box games, Wok on Fire from Green Couch Games and Martial Art from Spider Goat Games. Then we up the ante by talking about Starfall by Scott Almes and published by IDW and Pandasaurus Games and Adrenaline published by CGE.
Lara has a sweet game night grub recipe, and in our topic of the show, we discuss comparing yourself to other gamers - how it happens, why we think it's bad, and how to stop doing it!
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
makes 24 cookies
½ cup butter, room temperature
⅓ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1⅓ cup flour
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
½ cup butter
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 Tbsp milk
2½ cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat, set aside.
3. In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar together until light, scraping sides frequently.
4. Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Mix in baking powder and salt.
5. Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour. Dough will be thick.
6. In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chips on high in 30 second increments until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds.
7. Mix melted chocolate directly into cookie dough until evenly mixed.
8. Drop dough by a measured tablespoon sized mounds onto baking sheet. Bake for 78 minutes until cookies just appear set. They will still be very soft on the inside. DO NOT overbake!!
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
1. In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa powder and milk over medium heat, whisking until melted together. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar.
2. Pour icing over cookies and allow icing to set before serving. Notes store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
*Make sure not to overbake these cookies. The insides will remain soft and dense if baked correctly.